sin to know for whom the bell tolls

Monday, September 1, 2008

Around the Day in I-80 States

Here's a recap of Ruby's DRIVE for change:

On Wednesday (8/19) I left Berkeley for Reno.

On Friday I left Reno for Elko.

On Saturday morning I woke up in Elko, Nevada, and drove to Salt Lake City.

After having a little snack and visiting a natural grocery store, I drove to Rawlins Wyoming. The whole way I drove on East I-80.

As a girl from Boston, I always feel a little funny driving East. It just seems like a bad idea...


* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

On the way home from Denver (I left Colorado on 8/31), I mixed it up a little--I spent a night in Laramie, Wyoming and then drove to Salt Lake City for a night.

I explored the Great Salt Lake a bit more, and shot this video for you:




I drove happily WEST on I-80 through the Great Salt Flats:



Then I finally crossed over the border of Nevada and landed in Elko--which feels like home now.



Sunset out my window introduced me to shades of pink unknown to my eyes until tonight... wonderful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ruby,

Hello, this is Paul Lauber. I'm the field organizer for the Obama Campaign in Elko County. I saw that you stopped by, sorry I missed you. I wish you had left your e-mail rather than your blog page, but I hope you get this message.

If you're still in town and are interested in helping out, please e-mail me at plauber@nevadaforchange.com. We have a voter registration/canvassing event going on this weekend and I'd love for you to take part. Tomorrow, Saturday or Sunday if you're able.

Thank you. And I hope the road trip for Obama goes well!

Regards,

Paul Lauber

Barack Obama Logo

Ruby's Been to the Mile-High Mountaintop

We WILL Get there Together!

People All Over the Country Support Obama

YES WE CAN!

Ruby's Taking it to the Swing States!

Obama's Blueprint for Change

To print or email Obama's Blueprint for Change, use the "iPaper" button below. To read it online, "maximize" the size using the farthest right button, which looks like a small rectangle inside a larger one.
Read this document on Scribd: Obama's Blueprint For Change
To download, click "Obama's Blueprint for Change" above.

I Got A Crush on Obama!

Countdown Until Bush is Out of Office

Super Obama Girl

Obama is Winning according to Karl Rove

Obama is Winning according to Karl Rove
Obama=272 * McCain=183 * Toss-up=83